While You Were Sleeping
One of the most important parts of your life is when you sleep. The Native Americans call this dreamtime, or real time. Other cultures refer to this as the time not only when you rejuvenate, but also when other parts of your being travel through astral planes, align or become clearer. Sleeping is an essential time not only with other spiritual practices but also with the needs of the body.
A difficulty that many run into with the fast pace of life is after they sleep. When you go into deeper dream states, everything opens. All your chakra centers are able to release energies of the day and absorb your natural state. There is a re-balancing of your energy fields and work that is done on deeper cellular levels. The rejuvenation that takes place is an essential part of being able to build and maintain your system.
The Ingredients to Healthy Sleeping
There are two important parts to making sure your energy fields work effectively when you are sleeping. Before you sleep and after you wake are essential ingredients to maintaining balance in your life. Often, different cultures don’t support the ideology that there needs to be a sense of relaxation before you sleep in preparation for the energetics that shift while you are sleeping or the time right after you wake. Instead, we are taught to move immediately from a fast pace into sleep, which then awakens us into another fast pace of going into our day without maintaining our energy field.
If you don’t move into a specific state before you sleep, you are running the programs and patterns of the day. Instead of your energetics being able to align, you are blocking them with the activities of doing that are in the physical realm. Your energy field works on this instead. It then creates warps in different planes of your energy field and causes the natural vibrations to remain off. If you continue to stop releases before you sleep, then it becomes in imprinted pattern, often leading to high levels of continuous stress.
The same problem occurs if you don’t work on rejuvenation right after your awake. Your energy body has the ability to align, relax and to move into a state of natural being while you are asleep. However, if you move into a fast pace immediately after you awake, then your energy doesn’t have the time to move from the energetic realm and into the physical body. It then creates warps and mis – alignments that are bound to you for the day. If you do this consistently, then you can expect the warped energy to remain with you for a much longer period of time.
Getting Out of Warp Speed
If you can align your energetic field before and after sleep, then your sleep will be deeper, more effective and you will rejuvenate much faster. It will also stop stress and anxiety patterns from forming after you wake and which will follow you throughout the day. Following are ways that you can become conscious of staying out of energy warp before and after your sleep.
1. Exhaustion to Sleep. There are many that have created a habit of doing something until they are so tired that they fall asleep. In fact, I even see children that are taught from a very young age to run and play to get rid of their extra energy until they are so tired that they simply fall over. This makes your energy field process things that you were doing before sleeping. Your energy is actually moving at a high vibration instead of slowing down to re-align creating mixed signals in your energy field. If you relax first, your body and your energy has time to settle and move into a deeper process of sleep and alignment. If not, your body and your energy field continue to work through the night at a high vibration making you feel like you haven’t rested enough or like you are “foggy” in the morning.
2. Eating, Drinking and Activity. A large habit that is seen with many is to eat and drink until it causes them to fall asleep. Your physical body is then set into motion to process these physical things instead of settling. Whatever is processed in the physical also processes in your energy field. If you settle your physical system first then you sleep, then your body can move into a deeper process of rejuvenation and stillness. Your energy field can further this by aligning and balancing out your energetic field.
3. Deep Breathing. Any slow movement, meditation or deep breathing before you go to sleep or after you awaken allows you to move into a sense of rejuvenation. You are communicating with your body that it can slow down and re-align. It also allows you to open your chakra field and astral bodies for travel. The more you do this in the dream state, the deeper you can go into your being while allowing your higher self to align with your physical body.
4. Awakening Slowly. We are taught to get up in the morning and go. Many awaken to the beep of an alarm clock, jump into motion with exercise, take a cold shower, drink coffee, run off to work and to find ways to stimulate the body and mind to get ready for the day. While this may help us to reach a fast pace, it isn’t necessarily healthy. Our body needs time to align with the energetics that are aligning while we are sleeping.
Mixed vibrations that occur because we decide to move quickly in the morning follow us throughout the day. Stress, anxiety and other forms of mixed emotions come from the mixed bag that we create when we first get out of bed and jump into action. It creates a warp between a slow pace of rejuvenation and the fast pace from our physical activity. Align with your energy first, then get out of bed.
5. Moving States. The mastery of sleep comes from the mastery of moving in between states of being. When you are sleeping, everything slows down. This allows your astral and energetic fields to open and re-align. It allows your physical body to process the day and to prepare for the next. You can honor this by preparing your body and mind before you sleep and by slowly awakening after your energy fields have moved through this process. Slow movements with Yoga or meditation before and after sleep can help you to align nicely while opening your energy fields and body for complete rejuvenation.
The easiest way to align and keep your energy field clear is to practice your pace around your sleep. You will find that you don’t need as much sleep and you have a deeper level of relaxation and rejuvenation. You will also find that you are more aligned and stable throughout the day with the practice of preparation for sleep and for your waking states. With simple consciousness of these states, you will find that your body and your energy fields work in a stronger and more refined way in every moment.
Brooke Hart is executive director, entrepreneur and shamanic healer at the Omatrix Center. She specializes in energetic healing and medicine as well as empowerment programs and spiritual teachings that allow one to find their soul purpose at this time. She holds a vision that every individual can become empowered and into their true self through healing and with tools, such as technology, that assist them in their soul evolution and development. Her work expands into shamanic practices, energy healing and women’s empowerment. She also works within the business realm with Internet Marketing, strategic development and technological solutions. Her desire is to provide a gateway from Heaven to Earth, where spiritual practices are a foundation in every area of our lives. She is currently the author of the books, The Science and Spirit of Energy Medicine and The Power of Awakening, and is the composer of the CD, Whispers of Light.
Connect with Brooke via